St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

8/30/2017 10:50:13 PM

Serious.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

8/31/2017 10:48:57 AM
@BigDrop

Yeah, but it's supposed to be a dry heat so it wont be that bad. 

default avatar

Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

8/31/2017 10:50:53 PM
@NewDC_Jon

This is Northern California-it is not the southwestern dessert.  Accuweather is now forecasting a high of 113 degrees for tomorrow with the sun setting at 7:39PM.  I expect the air temperature to be over 100 degrees at game time.  It will be interesting to watch the game which is broadcast live on ESPNU at 11:00PM EST.  The Bishop Gorman/Mater Dei (#1 in USA Today) from southern CA, which is also forecasting a daytime high temperature over 100 degrees, will be broadcast on Fox Sports Pacific @ 10:30 EST which is #302 on Verizon.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

8/31/2017 10:56:42 PM
@BigDrop

Yes, but it is in the southern part of Northern California. And De La Salle assured SJC that dehumidifiers would be surrounding the sidelines - hence my original post. 

I expect the air temperature to be under 99 degrees at game time. And I happen to know for a fact that the game isnt scheduled to start at 11:00 PM EST. It is scheduled to be broadcast live at 10:00 PM CST. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

9/1/2017 10:24:03 PM
@NewDC_Jon

What is the point behind your posts?  There have been many, many games cancelled or postponed in both Northern and Southern CA because of the extreme heat.  I type this at 10:22 EST and it is 109 degrees in Concord according to Accuweather.  I sincerely feel for the players in this game.  

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

9/1/2017 11:05:57 PM
@BigDrop

Actual game time temperature as reported on the broadcast is 104 degrees in Concord.  Game is being broadcast on ESPNU live.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

9/1/2017 11:30:12 PM
@BigDrop

1st quarter:  St. John's 14 De La Salle 0

Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

9/4/2017 11:50:20 AM

How did SJC blow this game????? This is becoming a problem.

default avatar

Re: Re: St. John's vs. Concord, CA De La Salle: 111 Degrees forecast for Friday

9/4/2017 9:21:33 PM
@sjc4life

DeMatha led Bishop Gorman until there was less than one minute left in the third quarter.  St. John's totally outplayed De La Salle and was being considered on the national board as a serious challenger for the national title this year.

They may still be.  And DeMatha is probably right there with them.

15, 16, 17 and 18 year olds going cross country and playing in extreme heat in a stadium with 5,000+ people who don't like them in the stands is not an experience to help build a winning streak.  Rather, it's an experience to toughen the kids and make them ready for any situation.

I am proud of DeMatha and St. John's.  Both were fantastic against America's best.  They spoke well for DC area ball and, I would suggest, if they could play the same teams at the end of the year (yes, on the road) they would then win.

Bravo to DeMatha and St. John's.

You must login to report abuse. Close